Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Downton for Downton

By Misty Harris

I grew up watching soap operas. Loved them to death and no matter how much time passed in between watching an episode, the minute I turned back to them it was always easy to pick up on the story line. Who’s dating who, who went missing, etc. So now with the invention of the internet, Tivo, DVR, I can catch them whenever I want. That is…those that are still airing. This past year when a couple of my favorite soap operas went off the air, I was devastated.  I never thought soaps could end! What will the world do now? All hope was lost! Like the soaps I watched, that last line was a tad bit over the top. I looked to new favorites like Sherlock Holmes and Downton Abbey to fill the void but when their seasons ended, I felt lost yet again.

If you don’t already know, there are a lot of Downton Abbey junkies here. I’m addicted and relieved that the wait is almost over. I’ve watched both seasons at least three times this past year, also managing to get one of my relatives to jump on the Downton train! Oh and did you hear they have already greenlighted a fourth season! 
So how many times have you watched the previews and snippets of the new season? Are you as excited as we are? Do you want more? Of course you do! We have a special exciting preview event taking place Sunday, December 16 at 3 p.m. here at the station in downtown Buffalo. Watch the first hour of Downton Abbey before it airs in January and get a glimpse of what to expect in the new season (and possibly answers to those questions we have been dying to find out). Let’s see…there was a marriage proposal …a pregnancy announcement…a murder and life sentencing. All of this waiting has been excruciating!  So join us and have some fun as we prepare to welcome Downton back to the airwaves of WNED-TV! Oh and RSVP ASAP as this is a limited seating engagement!  Call (716) 845-7000 ext. 352 or email corpcomm@wned.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment