Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Multitude of Talents

By Annmarie Dean

We have a lot of talented people who work here at WNED. Not only do they have outstanding skills that are utilized within their departments, but they have talents that shine outside out the workplace as well. Last fall, we had our first-ever staff art show, Artrageous. Here’s a sampling of our impressive artistic staff, which includes a variety of artistic mediums like painting, drawing, photography and sculpture.

“I am an avid amateur photographer with a creative focus on architectural and natural abstract images, or the combination of both. I view photography as a process involving both visualization and meditation, and I find a wealth of photographic opportunities in the Buffalo/Niagara region. I photograph for the love of it, but, to my surprise, my photographs have won several recognitions in amateur competition, including Doors Open Niagara, Tifft Nature Preserve and the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens. My creative images have also been published in ‘Buffalo Spree’ magazine and ‘NOMAD: art & word from the buffalo herd.’” – Suzanne Kashuba

“My Bachelor’s Degree is in Design (Interior Design Concentration) and my Master’s Degree is in Art Education. I taught K-8 students Art for three years. I prefer to do technical drawings but have dabbled in almost everything – photography, painting, sculpture. I participated in last year’s Artrageous Art Show featuring staff artists. I entered my photography in that show.” – Beth Critoph

“I have loved to draw ever since I was a little girl! I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Painting and a Master’s Degree in Communication Design. Over the years, I have worked in many mediums, including oil, acrylic and watercolors. As the computer age has taken over, I find myself doing more & more photography and truly enjoy working in the “digital darkroom.” Last year, I won first place in the “Exterior View” category of the Doors Open Niagara Photography Contest. There is so much beauty to photograph right here in our own Western New York and Southern Ontario!” – Eileen Elibol 

Have you been inspired to work on some art projects of your own this summer? Feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment