Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Liszt-O-Mania!


If you are anything like me you can’t get through the day without a list. I have lists everywhere and for everything. I have a to-do list for work, a to-do list for the weekend (which I start thinking about immediately once Monday comes), my pay bills list (the list I hate) and my wish list (the list that never ends). Well, now it seems I have a new list. A more exciting list. A list that will entertain and enrich my work day during the month of October. It’s the Liszt list! Or what we at Classical 94.5 FM WNED have named Liszt-O-Mania! If you've noticed, on Classical 94.5 FM WNED, we love to celebrate composer's birthdays and anniversaries.  This past spring we celebrated (with rave reviews) Gustav Mahler with our "Mahler-fest.”

This October marks the 200th anniversary of Hungarian composer Franz Liszt's birth. We honor him by sharing his most beloved compositions. Described as the "rock-star" of classical music by Classical 94.5 FM hosts, Liszt was known as a showman who transcribed famous large works (operas, symphonies, etc.) for solo musicians specifically for pianists. Let's see...can you name any? How about one of his most famous work, The Hungarian Rhapsodies or the symphonic poems, Les Preludes. Sound familiar? No? Then I suggest you start a to-do List, or a to-do Liszt! Listen to Classical 94.5 FM WNED for Liszt-O-Mania where you'll hear these works and more. Learn about Liszt, his compositions, his love-affair with his piano and the influence on composers such as Camille Saint-Saens, Berlioz and Wagner. Celebrate with us and complete your Liszt!


No comments:

Post a Comment